1. I'm excited for this morning because a landscape designer is coming to help me with my front bed. I received a 1/6 portion of Mom's life insurance so I'm using it to dedicate this garden to her memory. I'll keep you posted on what develops there. I'm not looking for a complete overhaul just a tweaking so to speak.
2. The days are getting noticeably longer and it's getting easier to rise in the morning.
3. I took on a major crochet project. A friend's mother had made granny squares to assemble into an afghan for her grand daughter. She finished the squares but couldn't see well enough to put the squares together before she died. I volunteered awhile ago to do this for them but my friend couldn't find the squares only the box with needles and yarn and one square. Well, her brother had the bag of squares so now she's passed them on to me. It's in lovely shades of purple.
4. That same friend and I went to the Maryland Historical Society yesterday. There were several very interesting exhibits on the Civil War in MD, and the War of 1812 that was fought here in Baltimore in September of 1814 but my favorite was on Elizabeth Patterson Bonaparte. At 18 she was supposed to be a ravishing beauty and the younger brother of Napolean, Jerome came to Baltimore to see her and fell in love. They married here, she got pregnant but on returning to France Napolean refused her admittance and refused to recognize her marriage to his brother. It's quite a story and she had quite a life. Fascinating.
5. Finally we had a nice stroll over to the Peabody Hotel for lunch and here are some shots of some interesting things with the beautiful blue sky we had yesterday for awhile.
The Washington Monument
MD Historical Society (original building)