Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

Greetings at this Thanksgiving time.  A holiday for eating, talking, laughing, sharing, and contemplating all the blessings bestowed on us, our families, our communities and our country.  Wherever you are to celebrate I hope it's one filled with happiness.

Here are scenes from last Thanksgiving.  This year will be bittersweet without the presence of my mother.  Who would have thought that we would have to reflect and be thankful for the 94+ years she had on this Earth never expecting that she would not be present with us to celebrate in 2013.

Tables set awaiting guests.


My youngest sister Marie makes her special salad dressing.


Enjoying the campfire and appetizers outside.


My oldest sister Bonnie (right) and I carve the bird.


Food is ready served buffet style.  Mom is there on the left.





Taking our places to eat.





This year my oldest brother is hosting.

Bittersweet!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

I can relate to your bittersweet feelings! As my own years pass, I am more in touch with the fragility of life and want to grasp at the moments of joy when they come. You had a perfect setting for thanksgiving meal!