Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

For the Ones That Just Keep on Going and Going

I am so thankful for the flowers and plants that just keep blooming and blooming and showing off their colors.  Without these my yard would seem so drab and monotonous.  So here's to:

Coleus!




Joe Pye Weed


Phlox



Begonias


Black-eyed Susans







10 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great colors, Marcia... I've seen those Joe Pye Weed plants all over the place --and never knew what their name was....

I have some Begonia hanging baskets also. They provide color and very little care!!!!

The Coleus is gorgeous.. We saw some at Biltmore. Gorgeous!

Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

Great colours!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Anonymous said...

Great floral shots and colorful ! thanks, carol, xo

Fun60 said...

Such a range of colours and plants to brighten up the garden.

Cynthia said...

These are troopers, aren't they? You have some beautiful coleus, unusual colors.

Marcia said...

Those were real stunners for me this year. Very unusual for coleus. And they have done so well too!

Marcia said...

Thank you!

Marcia said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Marcia said...

Thanks, Gary.

Marcia said...

I saw them first in WV many many years ago on a nature walk at a state park. Didn't realize then I could plant my own.

Aren't the coleus lovely? I think I'll have to take cuttings to have some next year too.