Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

More Bullies in the Garden

We both had heard the thump last night but didn't think to investigate.  Oh now I wish we had.

Here's the before:

Here's the after:



This one was just recuperating from June's attack by deer, I thought at the time.  I've given up on anything growing in here this year.


These weren't tipped over or drastically dug up.



This one just needed righting.


The pot is replanted but I don't know if any of the plants will survive.


Those darn bullies.  Not much I can do to keep the raccoons away.


4 comments:

Jenny Rottinger said...

That's definitely a racoon's work. :( Sorry you're having such a hard time with them this year.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh Marcia, I am so very very sorry.. Almost makes me cry... What a shame... We have raccoons here --after our bird seed, but they have never bothered any of my potted plants/baskets...

Hugs,
Betsy

Robin said...

Oh my! Those darn raccoons!

HolleyGarden said...

Oh, the "after" is so sad! How frustrating. Our raccoons don't bother anything but our cat food. They are not destructive like yours! Between the raccoons and the deer, you are really having a hard time gardening!