Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Harvest Monday in Mid-May

I have had a very slow growing, unproductive vegetable garden this year.  I'm almost embarrassed to share these photos.  I imagine others have had the same weather issues but I haven't seen such straggling results as mine.  But here goes.


Two types of spinach planted at the beginning of March - when it was warm.  First harvest last week.


Purchased broccoli plants.


Garlic is the best grower, planted last fall.


Three beds of snow peas, planted at different times.  I was harvesting last year at this time.



Blueberries are flowering.


First harvest of spinach and over wintered lettuce.  I didn't show you the lettuce beds because they were the worst.  My two rows of carrots?  No sign of them after first germination.



5 comments:

Cristy said...

My stuff is low and slow this year, too. I haven't even joined Daphne's Harvest Mondays for weeks on end, because nothing has been producing. I gathered a handful of green beans today, so I guess it's finally starting.

I am glad you were able to harvest something. :)

Jenny said...

Don't feel too bad, my greens are rediculously slow this year, peas are non-existing and we're about to get hit with hard frost. :(

Barbie~ said...

Your spinach looks fantastic. DOn't feel bad. Not a single plant showed up for me of spinach and we LOVE the stuff. I'll be sowing early indoors for fall instead. Everyone runs into some trouble along the way!

Stewart M said...

The veggies will catch up!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

HolleyGarden said...

It has been an odd year, weather wise, but I think your veggies look fabulous! And your blueberry bush looks so promising!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...