Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Almost Wordless Wednesday - Japanese Lanterns


I have always been enamored with Japanese lanterns.  I have one small one that I bring out each Spring and put into a new spot depending upon my whim that year.  When Fall comes I put it away because I'm afraid the cold weather will make it crumble.  This year the lantern is nestled amongst the ferns, heucheras and hostas in the glen garden. And as the season progresses it blends more and more into its surroundings.
 

 But my lantern is miniscule compared to these I spied in the Japanese Garden at Butchart Gardens in Victoria, Canada.










 


2 comments:

Robin said...

I think your lantern is beautiful!!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marcia, Love your Japanese Lantern. AND--I hope we can visit the Butchart Gardens sometime.. I have some friends who have been there and shared their photos with me. WOW--what gardens!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy