Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Tap, Tap, Tap

What was that tapping at my window?  How long before I was aware of the tap, tap, tap?  When I glanced to my left to see what bug was trying to come in, lo and behold not a bug at all, but a lovely ruby throated hummingbird.  I think he wanted me to know he was back for the summer.  I think, too he wanted to know where his feeder was.  Now I need to post on the hummingbird map that I have sighted one here in Windsor Mill, MD.
Photo from http://www.pinebarrensanimals.com/birds

3 comments:

Patricia said...

We are fortunate to have year-round residents...The Anna's Hummingbird. We have a feeder hung on our porch and often delighted by their presence. They also love our red flowers...the bottlebrush tree, the salvia plants, our butterfly bush. And when the feeder gets empty, they let us know it! Thanks for the website link...I have never visited it before. Enjoy your harbinger of Spring!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Gorgeous photo of your hummer, Marcia..... I was going to put out my feeders today and totally forgot about it...Maybe I'll remember tomorrow. I haven't seen any here yet---but maybe the nectar will draw them here!!!!

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Marcia said...

I wish I could say that I'd taken that photo but you'll see the caption gives credit to someone else.