Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Harvest Monday - The End of May


The snow peas are producing! A favorite spring time crop. We had some on a salad with lettuce from Greens and Jeans garden and another night steamed.
I also had harvests of lettuce and green onions which you've seen photos of previously.

The hot weather is here so the tomatoes, peppers, eggplants are growing well. Won't be long before I'm picking string beans.

Check out what others are picking at this time at Daphne's Dandelions.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh I can't wait for the beans either!

Dirt Lover said...

I love the peas! So many of mine never make it inside to be weighed. Even my dog loves them! Gosh, beans. I can hardly wait for the beans! Right now, mine are only partially up out of the ground. Just waiting for some warm weather......
~~Lori

Robin said...

We just love peas!! The snap peas and english peas here at the house are producing!! Looks like we will have some peas this week!

Enjoy your day :)

HolleyGarden said...

I love seeing what you have in your garden. We have never grown snow peas. Unfortunately, the deer ate all our peas and beans.

Daphne Gould said...

I'm hoping for peas this week. I can't wait. Peas are always one of my much anticipated crops.