Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Harvest Monday on Tuesday and Other News



Harvest last week of a romaine like lettuce - don't know the name as I planted it last fall - and two green onions which all went in to a Caesar salad. Se other harvest at Daphne's Dandelions.
This is that lettuce growing. Anyone recognize it?

Irises are finally blooming.



First columbine is blooming.

I purchased a lot of annuals at Lurgan's in PA near Chambersburg. It's Amish owned. I have lots of pots and hanging planters to fill.

Here are my tomato plants waiting to be planted. I think they are yellowing and I'm aiming to put them in on Thursday.

Onions are so green.

Time to harvest more spinach and the peas are enjoying all the rain.

Lettuce and spinach is doing really well.

Recognize the seedlings below? Tomatoes are germinating from the compost I added to the beds. It must be a sign that's it's time to plant my tomatoes.

3 comments:

HolleyGarden said...

Very nice looking produce! I bet the top is a type of romaine lettuce.

wilderness said...

Just got a chance to catch up on the blog. Your yard and garden are looking wonderful.

Love seeing all the green. Hoping to see some here soon.

Barbie~ said...

Looking great! I bet your ceasars was wonderful.