Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Feel Good Book

Book Club this month is reading "Outcasts United" by Warren St. John. (Look to the left for the full title.) This is definitely a feel good book. A Lebanese immigrant sees a need and fills it. In this case its a need for an athletic outlet for refugee boys whose families have been resettled in Clarkston, GA. She starts a soccer program and ends up being not just their coach, but their mentor, tutor, and last resort for their families in the tangled web of adjusting to life in the USA. To find out more read the book and visit their website

No comments: