Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Scenes from the Birdbath

Yesterday as Dan and I sat on the swing cooling down from our exertions in the yard, a chipmunk, oblivious to our existence came to the birdbath which was just feet from where we were sitting. The birdbath sits low on the ground and the chipmunk came up to rim and drank its fill of the water there. We'd never seen a chipmunk do that before.

This morning the bluebird stopped by to bathe and to show the birdbath to its youngster. It came twice, each time with the young bird following and perching on the rim to watch. Later the young one came alone but only lightly touched the surface of the water before flying off. It never did get the courage to bathe like its parent.

No comments: