Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer is Here

I've started my summer list of books. Though I've been reading through the year it's seems appropriate to make a list of the books I read in the summer.

Just finished another Maisie Dobbs novel by Jacqueline Winspear. It's a mystery series that takes place in England in the years after World War I. A friend in my book club recommended the series to me and this is the fourth one I've read though the previous one was out of order. Unlike some authors that have a hard time updating the new reader to a series if it isn't read from the start, Winspear does a good job weaving in the information about the protagonist without overburdening you with old facts. Overall they are good quick reads.

No comments: