Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Harvest Monday

Here's my Sunday harvest of spinach, a few beet greens, a few buttercrunch lettuce leaves, and green onions for a salad to serve on Mother's Day. Check out the other harvests at Daphne's Dandelions.

5 comments:

Daphne said...

That looks like a really tasty salad in the making. I really need to get some onions for my salad. Next year I should start them earlier.

villager said...

That is a nice looking basket of salad fixin's!

Marcia said...

It was a good salad but since i was feeding 6 I had to augment it with store bought greens.

I planted onion plants and sets and had too many. The leftover sets went to Emily but the plants I stuck in really close and am using them for scallions. They will have to go soon to make room for other veggies.

vrtlarica said...

Lovely green harvest. I love the onions, mine are all out, as they started to bolt.

Ottawa Gardener said...

Looks yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...