Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Poem

I just finished reading a mystery called "The Trail of the Wild Rose" by Anthony Eglin. The main character visits the Museum of Garden History in Lambeth, England where he sees this poem written on a Victorian sampler. There is no credit given to the author of the poem.


There is peace within a garden

A peace so deep and calm

That when the heart is troubled

It's like a soothing balm.


There's life within the garden

A life that still goes on

Filling the empty places

When older plants are gone


There's glory in the garden

At every time of year

Spring summer autumn winter

To fill the heart with cheer


So ever tend your garden

Its beauty to increase

For in it you'll find solace

And in it you'll find peace

No comments: