Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Preserving Hot Peppers


I was advised to save hot peppers by flash freezing them or by drying them. I cut the tops off some and removed the seeds. They went into the freezer in a cake pan. Once frozen I will bag them up to use one at a time. Others I threaded onto fishing line and hung in the mechanical room where it is very warm.

I wore my gardening gloves while I did this, but I realize now only the palm was non porous and the tops of my fingers are burning from the hot pepper oils. I don't dare touch my face.

No comments: