Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Volunteers Part II

Here are some of the fruits of the volunteers in my perennial garden.


Butternut squash. I hope this one grows. The first one was eaten by slugs.


Unknown squash - possibly an acorn?


Another unknown squash.


Tomatoes, variety unknown. The plant is perfectly healthy.


What Emily thought was a cucumber looks like it may be a cantaloupe.


This one is not a volunteer. I bought these pepper plants at the farmers' market, but neglected to remember the kind. I know it is supposed to be hot. Haven't picked any yet to try.

1 comment:

Dan said...

What nice volunteers, nothing better then free food.