Welcome reader to my blog - a mixture of this and that. Now that we are living in a retirement community in downtown Columbia, MD my personal gardening activities are somewhat curtailed. I still enjoy visiting gardens, reading, watching wildlife on my walks, traveling, and occasional food commentary. Please leave a comment if you feel inspired to do so. I read every one of them.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bluebirds


I noticed the bluebird male sitting on the bluebird house in my yard this morning. If he's ready to start building a nest I decided I'd better clear out the old one for him.









Here's the old nest removed.








Here's the empty birdhouse waiting for a new nest.

2 comments:

browneyes said...

the old nest looks so neat and clean! will they not nest if the old one is there?

Dan said...

I just came across a group of Bluebirds in the country a few days ago. It was the first time I had ever seen any.

Here is the link to one of the photos on my flickr account:
Bluebird Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...