Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lounger

I went for my usual walk this morning and as I headed down the hill I spied a furry mass on a bench the carpenters had made with scrap lumber. Two of these benches sit on a hill overlooking the big turn of our driveway's hill. As I approached I wondered what could that fur be? Then I saw the eyes and nose and recognized it as the fat groundhog that has been running across the driveway as we drive by. He saw me and decided his lounging time was done. So he scampered down from the bench and into the woods. I never thought that groundhogs take time to relax. This one surely must. I'll have to look for it tomorrow.

No comments: