Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Future Plans

I am currently reading two books : "1491" (about pre-Columbian civilizations) and "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life". The latter is inspiring me to try vegetable gardening again.

When we moved to this home in 2005, my intention that first summer of 06 was to make a vegetable/perennial garden in the back. 07 was my first real attempt, and I got a few things from the garden but I lost the Deer War. This year I have focused on flowers entirely but regret that I have no vegetables to harvest and depend on a CSA and local produce stands.

So here's my future plan: to make a blueberry bed surrounded and covered by a cage; to make a vegetable garden either surrounded by a cage or electric fence; and to plant some fruit trees. Someday I may even make an asparagus bed.

1 comment:

browneyes said...

blueberry bushes = blueberry cobbler! yum!